COORS Leadership Capital invites you to explore an outstanding opportunity for the Superintendent and Chief Executive Officer at Island Hospital, an award-winning hospital focused on providing a personal and compassionate healthcare experience for the residents and visitors of Anacortes. Island Hospital is a 43-bed independent public hospital district with a full array of hospital services as well as primary and specialty care clinics. The CEO is responsible for fostering an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its Promise to the community:
“Your best healthcare experience begins at Island Hospital. We always place your emotional and medical needs first and foremost.”
The Hospital delivers this optimal care experience by achieving strategic goals focused on employee engagement, a quality patient experience, clinical excellence, strong financial performance and continued growth. Our client is seeking a candidate that will drive a culture of excellence, accountability and superb patient care while enhancing ties to the community.
CEO candidates must possess:
- A comprehensive working knowledge of public hospital district regulations and operational requirements, health care management methods, financial management practices and general health care market trends.
- Successful experience in physician recruitment including leading programs that drive physician retention while fostering productive provider relationships.
- Exceptional leadership skills, outstanding communication and executive management skills with an ability to motivate, influence and inspire individuals and groups.
- An ability to navigate and guide an organization through a significant change process.
- A demonstrated hands-on, visible leadership style with the ability to engage staff, management and providers in the care experience.
- An ability to manage diverse relationships with multiple stakeholders to include elected board members, physicians, leadership, employees, and the community at large.
- An in depth understanding of financial management practices, operations, strategic planning, and current strategies in creating sustainability in todays’ healthcare market.
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA), Public Health (MPH), or MS in Health Administration for Business Administration or related field is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of healthcare executive level experience required. Healthcare leadership experience in a public hospital district preferred.
- Fellow status with the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) is strongly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA), Public Health (MPH), or MS in Health Administration, Business Administration or related field is required.
Anacortes is located on Fidalgo Island, with easy access via bridge to the mainland and conveniently located halfway between Seattle and Vancouver B.C. Residents of this vibrant seaside community enjoy an abundance of recreational activities, temperate climate year round, excellent schools, and a vibrant arts community. The city itself comprises 15.4 square miles, and the island is just over 41 square miles – almost half of which is public park and recreational lands and waters.
Email Resumes to:
Cheryl Coors, CEO
COORS Leadership Capital
COORS Leadership Capital is a premier retained Executive Search and consulting firm. COORS’ experienced and diverse team is known for delivering results, unmatched customer service, and the ability to understand our client’s needs and culture to create tailored solutions that address their unique challenges in an evolving healthcare environment.
As a boutique firm, we offer a concierge level of personal service to both our clients and candidates. Let us ease your transition in leadership or to a new position. We have been linking exceptional leaders with exceptional opportunities for over 20 years exclusively for healthcare clients.